Kitsune just released the Emil & Friends “Royal Oats” EP this past week and it is quite a fam jam of a release featuring remixes by Dubka, Radial and DVNO. Included was a new track entitled “Internal Affairs” which is a nod to some of the French Touch forefathers such as Alan Braxe & Fred Falke, especially with that super slick bassline. Emil injects his modern synth pop vibes into the track while painting a surreal picture of a detective on the prowl. Check out the multi-panel music video for “Internal Affairs” that depicts a non-chalant Emil doing his musical thing.
“I sow my royal oats with you…”
Excited to announce that Emil & Friends is back with Kitsuné to release a “Royal Oats” (the track off the Kitsuné America Comp) along with a new track “Internal Affairs” and three fantastic remixes from some lovely internet homies of mine. Dubka provides a super slick disco funk remix, Radial turns the song into a big synth pop banger and DVNO transforms “Royal Oats” into a track that sounds like it should be the theme song to John Hughes 90s Ferris Bueller sequel that never came to be. Please give this mini-mix a listen that I helped put together and pick up the release October 22!
Classixx the 2 gentlemen responsible for that amazing remix of Phoenix’s “Lisztomania” were kind enough to answer a few questions about themselves and their music. They are definitely going to be a big part of my Summer ‘09 soundtrack. Can’t wait for more slick feel good productions from this duo.
Classixx – I’ll Get You (Ft. Jeppe)
Asian Dan Interview: CLASSIXX
1. Who is CLASSIXX? How would you describe your music.
Classixx are Michael David and Tyler Blake. Our music is hard to describe, we tend to like the blend of organic and synthetic musical elements, a nice groove and soulful melodies.
2. What are some of your influences? What was your first musical memory?
Our influences include.. World Music, Modern Funk, Ambient stuff, Kraut Rock, Disco grooves etc.. I remember Seeing Paul Simon at the Rhythm of the Saints w/ my parents in 91′. I was about 6, thats my earliest conscious musical memory.
3. What is the goal of CLASSIXX’s music?
Just to reach as many people as possible, and to enjoy it.
Not Todd Edwards best remix but still great production. I love everything he touches.
Scion Sampler Vol. 23 Kitsuné Pioneer Minimix – Out 1.30.2008
Scion Sampler Vol. 23 Kitsuné Pioneer Tracklist:
01. Ted&Francis – Erlend (Ted & Francis Remix)
02. Hearstrevolution – Ultraviolence (Dubka Remix)
03. Guns ‘n’ Bombs – Riddle of Steel (Para One Remix)
04. Cazals – Somebody, Somewhere (Lifelike Dub)
05. You Love Her Coz Shes Dead – Dead End (Scion Edit)
06. AutoKratz – Stay The Same (Alex Gopher Remix)
07. Beni – My Love Sees You (Beni Edit)
08. AutoKratz – Pardon Garcon (Carbon Footprint Mix)
09. Cazals – Poor Innocent Boys (Shinichi Osawa Remix)
10. Fischerspooner – Danse En France (Beni Remix)
11. Appaloosa – The Day We Fell In Love (Ted & Francis Remix)
1. DVNO (Justice Remix) – Justice
2. 11h30 (Luca C. Edit) – Danger
3. Somebody, Somewhere (Lifelike dub) – Cazals
4. Lights and Music (Boys Noize Birthday Mix) – Cut Copy
5. Fancy Footwork (Guns n’Bombs mix) – Chromeo
6. Wet and Wild (Midnight Juggernauts mix) – Kim
7. Pins – Alex Metric
8. Pardon Garcon – Autokratz
9. New York Style (Funk in the Punk Club Mix) – ATFC ft. AVH
10. Delboys Revenge – The japanese popstars
11. Technick – Zoo Brazil
12. Talake – Dusty Kid
13. My Head (Para One Remix) – Boys Noize