NEW APHEX TWIN
Download “Seaside Special” at Hyponik.com
Need I say more, 6 Minutes of the ‘Tron Legacy’ Score by Daft Punk. The duo proves that they can channel their Han Zimmer/Bernhard Hermann/Ennio Morricone. They succeed in composing and arranging a 100 piece orchestra into a film score that pays homage to the form and function of film music while still adding their Daft touch. I cannot wait for the rest of the score.
Sponsored by Scion
We have now come to the end of the Todd Edwards guest blog series for Asian Dan. He has shared with us some of his favorite House tracks that have helped shape his sound, a sound we all know and love.
Thank you Todd for taking the time to put together these post and sharing the music you love with us.
“Another great example of MK’s dark and moody tracks is his remix of the Pet Shop Boy’s “Can You Forgive Her?” (One of my all time favorites!)MK’s influence became more than a third of the ingredients of what I do. I tried immitating his style with my remix dub of “Love Me Tonite”by JD Braithwaite. I became very fascinated with use of vocals.”
A very tasteful cover of Tears for Fears’ “Everybody Wants To Rule The World” with personal touch by the Foals boys.
The nostalgia driven George FitzGerald put together this mix that echoes all the classic elements of UK Garage, 2-Step, RnB and House – to create a 40 min experience that makes you wonder what it really takes to create good dance music. Check out a little Q&A with Mr. FitzGerald on URB.com
Download @ George FitzGerald : URB Exclusive Mix
1. Seven Wonders – Crazy (DJ’s for Life)
2. George FitzGerald – Friends In High Places (CDR)
3. WAX – 30003 B (WAX)
4. Will Saul & Mike Monday – Sequence (Scuba Remix) (forthcoming AUS)
5. KMA – Cape Fear (Groove Chronicles)
6. George FitzGerald – Fernweh (CDR)
7. Surgeon – Floorshow (Counterbalance)
8. George FitzGerald – Don’t You (forthcoming Hotflush)
9. Scuba – Three Sided Shape (forthcoming Hotflush)
10. xxxy – This Much (CDR)
11. Pariah – The Slump (R&S)
12. Groove Theory – Tell Me (George FitzGerald Remix) (CDR)